PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short Stack 'KK' $0.55 Turbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Stack 'KK' $0.55 Turbo

I've just played this hand and I'd like to know whether I played it correctly. How would you have played this hand? What I can tell from the check on the flop is that I tried to extract maximum value by allowing the villains to put chips in the pot. Thanks!
    Last edited by JohnPryce; Sun Mar 23, 2014, 12:05 AM.

Hi JohnPryce! With 10BB or under, I need to shove any hand that I'm going to be playing. Where I'm at here, any raise (even a standard raise to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper) pot-commits me, so any bet other than shoving is going to set off an alarm to any observant player, so I won't get action from them by betting small. I want to get action here, so I want to make a play that looks the fishiest and can easily get called by worse... and that is to open-shove preflop. I also don't want to bet small and let an opp with A/rag see an A before they have to put their chips in. As played, when it's a fairly dry flop and I hit top set, I am going to check and then shove over any bet from an opp... as I'm already pot-committed. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.