PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMillions 2.20 Nit open-shoving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMillions 2.20 Nit open-shoving

Villain was playing 11/9, 68 hands. Is this a fold? Villain played very passive and really, what stats suggest, very straightforward nitty game. And is this a fold if we have no info, except stats? I stoved it and even if he is only shoving 9% we are slight favorites, so price is right. I tanked for quite a while.
    Last edited by CrazYJohnnie; Sat Mar 22, 2014, 12:20 AM.

does villain seem to be position-aware? If he is then could be playing a lot tighter than 11/9 from UTG

Comment

Hi CrazYJohnnie

I think we ought to be snap shoving all in regardless of the numbers we have on villain. I'd expect him to show a lot of medium/high pairs but I'd also expect to see hands that we dominate, hands like AJs,AQ and so forth.

Folding AK to a single 14 big blind shove in an MTT like this is a mistake regardless of villains table positioning.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Thx Chris!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.