PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micromillions 3.30 MTT Unsure what to do with AK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micromillions 3.30 MTT Unsure what to do with AK

Middle stages of Micromillions 3.30 MTT - what should I have done with AK on this stack size? Should I just have shoved it in preflop instead of the 3x bb pre raise? And what should I have done postflop? Not much known about villains Thanks all
    Last edited by Jason272727; Fri Mar 21, 2014, 01:03 PM. Reason: Extra detail

I would min raise and check fold OTF against 2 opps without hitting . and I don't like shoving 20BB's .

Comment

Hi Jason272727! With AK, when it folds to me, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper (625). I don't want to shove, as it's too many chips, which can get me value-owned (fold out worse hands and only get called by better). The flop misses me, but should have missed any other tighter players. A standard value-bet on the flop needs to be based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 2 opps, a standard bet sizing is 2/3 pot, but this bet is well over 1/3 of my remaining chips, which means that I'm pot-committed and can't fold if I make this bet. Due to this, I'm shoving the flop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.