PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NLHE / K6s / Fold on the river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLHE / K6s / Fold on the river

Hi, Is this spot standard? Note: 0.25c, ocasional limper. BTW, how much should I raise an opp's bet to?
    Double Bracelet Winner

Fold pre

Comment

I like the way you played this hand.

You could fold, call or raise preflop, I don't think any of these plays can be considered as a mistake.

As for postflop play, I agree with all your actions and sizing. It can be annoying to play against these guys who donkbet, but when they bet like this, you know that they have a weak holding, often a draw. So when the nasty river comes, I think you do right just to fold. Keeping your chips is critical in the early stages of an SNG (which I assume this is?)

Comment

Originally posted by EmotiveKiwi View Post
        Fold pre
        I agree. I need to raise or fold pre, especially early in these. The play in them is very soft, so I don't want to be leaking off chips early. I'm saving them to make an aggressive play at a pot, not to be passive. Passive play in these will cost me a ton of chips.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.