PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MM-066 / Open shove 77 with 19bb from CO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM-066 / Open shove 77 with 19bb from CO

MicroMillions-066 I have pocket 77s in the CO. Tournament chip average was 11,900 when I shoved. HERO (M: 7.6) (BB: 19) (AdjustedBB: 11.4) BTN(21):33/33/1.0 SB(21):38/14/0.6 BB(14):14/0/8.0 Just wondering if I should be OPEN SHOVING with this stack size, or would raise calling be best?
    Last edited by dirt eh; Thu Mar 20, 2014, 05:51 PM.

Hi dirt eh! For me, when it folds to me with 77, the determining factor for me is the blind structure. In a hyper-turbo, I'm snap-shoving here. In a turbo, it's marginal and I could make the play either way (would tend to shove more if the opps are playing aggressive and std raise if they're passive). However, in a slower blind structure like this one (10 min plus), I'm going to make a standard opening raise to 625 (2.5BB+1BB for each limper). The reasons for it are first, I'm not pot committed and even if I have to fold later in the hand, I have a playable stack. Secondly, I don't want to value own myself and only get called by better hands. My plan will be to get it in with the button or SB, if they come over the top, as my hand plays well against their ranges.. BUT.. if the tight BB comes over the top, I can get off the hand and still be in a playable situation. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.