PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.25 90's playing pocket 4's, set-mining on the flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .25 90's playing pocket 4's, set-mining on the flop

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=984F8A8E73

UTG+1: 51.4 BB (VPIP: 15.00, PFR: 5.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 20)
    UTG: 63.4 BB (VPIP: 42.11, PFR: 11.76, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 20)

leading into the pot or check-raise?
    Double Bracelet Winner

Hi sapines1001! With 44, I get a raise and a call in front of me. Since the stacks are deep enough, I'm more than happy to call to setmine. I flop a set of 4's and I'm going to make a standard lead value bet here of 2/3 pot (333 chips) since there are two opps. It's the same bet sizing that I'd make if I had a T or anything else that I'd want to bet. I do not want to check as I want to start building the pot and I also do not want to give either of the opps a chance to check behind and see a card on the turn that can beat me. Also, by check-raising, I might as well just turn my cards face-up to my opponents.. as that's what I'll be doing. I'll win more chips in the long run by leading that by check-raising, as an opp could float a lead bet, but will not call a check/raise if they have a worse hand. On the turn, I want to make another standard value bet, but this time it will be 1/2 pot since there is one opp. I want to keep all of my bets standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. I don't want to be betting more than normal when I get a better hand, or I will lose value to any observant opps, as they will pick up on this and fold all worse hands. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.