PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squeezing AJo vs. 3 limps and facing a 3bet PF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeezing AJo vs. 3 limps and facing a 3bet PF

MicroMillions-052 Anyone play this hand any differently PREFLOP? I'm never folding OTF. BB(37):30/5/1.2 TOT 3BET: 10.0 on 20 samples

Hi dirt eh! With AJ from the CO, I get 3 limpers in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (300 chips). I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, in order to conceal my hand. I then get a call from the SB and a 3-bet by the BB. My keys here are first, what the 3-bet % of the BB is (is it 1.2% or 10%???). If it's actually 1.2%, then this is a snap-folding AJ here, as their range is basically QQ+. The second key is the SB. What ? are they playing and calling 3-bets or 4-bets. If the SB stays in the hand, my chances of winning drop tremendously. This is key information for the hand and is not provided. If the BB's 3-bet % is 10%, then I will use it for their range and since the SB already called a bet and their range was not provided, I'll use a tighter range of say 15%. When I put these numbers into pokerstove, my AJo only has 28% equity, so not only am I the least likely to win, it's a -EV play to be in the hand. Due to this, I need to fold to the 3-bet. If I see the flop, obviously, I'd never fold and all my chips are going in on the flop, but the key here is that it is not a +EV play to be in the hand against this 3-bettor's range when there is another opp currently in the pot, so I need to fold preflop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.