PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QQ Out of Position in the Early Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QQ Out of Position in the Early Game

20/40 No Limit Holdem FullTiltPoker 9 Players Hand Conversion Powered by ***(link deleted)*** $750 Guarantee Stacks: UTG Mytzache21 (2,815) 70bb UTG+1 Fulek (3,662) 92bb MP1 Ebrius75 (3,689) 92bb MP2 korczaszko (3,430) 86bb MP3 EdSen999 (2,460) 62bb CO Mordovorot1989 (7,938) 198bb BTN Hugh Brady (2,835) 71bb SB HERO (4,100) 103bb BB PokerfacePBBR (2,388) 60bb Blinds: 20/40 Pre-Flop: (60, 9 players) HERO is SB : : 1 fold, Fulek calls 40, 5 folds, HERO raises to 120, 1 fold, Fulek calls 80 Flop: : : : (280, 2 players) HERO checks, Fulek bets 160, HERO raises to 420, Fulek calls 260 Turn: : (1,120, 2 players) HERO bets 500, Fulek calls 500 River: : (2,120, 2 players) HERO ??? I don't use HUD and I don't know the villain's stats. What is the best aproach to this hand?

HERO bets 740, Fulek calls 740 Final Pot: 3,600 HERO shows : : Fulek shows two pair, Sevens and Fives : : Fulek wins 3,600 (net +1,820) HERO lost 1,780 [/spoiler]
    Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Mon Mar 17, 2014, 02:48 AM.

** moved to NLHE Tournament Hand Analysis **
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Personally, I would just BET, BET, BET here. Look to get 3 streets of value from Jx and two streets from draws. I don't like check raising this flop... Doesn't make sense to do this. The board is super dry. The best approach would be to fire about 1/2 or just over on all three streets and fold to a raise OTR.

Line should be: B,B,BF

Comment

Hi ahcrata! With QQ preflop and a limper in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 160. I flop and overpair to the board and I need to lead the flop here. A standard bet sizing for one opp in the pot with me is 1/2 pot, so I will bet 140. As played, when the opp bets after a check, I am going to make a standard raise, which is to between 3X the previous bet (480) and a pot-sized raise (600). I'll opt to raise to 550. The turn should be a blank and after check/raising the flop, I'm going to make a standard value bet on the turn. Since standard is 1/2 pot, I'll bet 560. The river gives 4x a straight (but there should not be many 4's in their range) and once again, I'm going to make a lead bet. However, a 1/2 pot bet now makes the opp pot-committed.. so I'm shoving the river. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thx
          Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
          Hi ahcrata! With QQ preflop and a limper in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 160. I flop and overpair to the board and I need to lead the flop here. A standard bet sizing for one opp in the pot with me is 1/2 pot, so I will bet 140. As played, when the opp bets after a check, I am going to make a standard raise, which is to between 3X the previous bet (480) and a pot-sized raise (600). I'll opt to raise to 550. The turn should be a blank and after check/raising the flop, I'm going to make a standard value bet on the turn. Since standard is 1/2 pot, I'll bet 560. The river gives 4x a straight (but there should not be many 4's in their range) and once again, I'm going to make a lead bet. However, a 1/2 pot bet now makes the opp pot-committed.. so I'm shoving the river. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Thank you for the analysis, I was hoping he folds after the chec/raise on the flop. On the river I tried a block bet. What do you think about that? Can I hope a fold after my check raise?

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.