PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QJs 22bb standard squeeze shove?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QJs 22bb standard squeeze shove?

MicroMillions-032 [Sunday Storm Special Edition] Weird spot. MP opens for 3x with a 15bb stack. *I didn't realize this until just now* HJ flats. I have QJs... I can't call here. It's shove or fold? I didn't realize I have zero fold equity. MP(24):25/13/2.0 HJ(90):36/14/0.7
    Last edited by dirt eh; Sun Mar 16, 2014, 09:27 PM.

Hi dirt eh

If villain 4 had a 25+ big blind stack I'd still find a fold. When randoms open for the full 3x they tend to have a legit hand or it's a hand that they are determined to play which reduces your fold equity quite substantially.

The chances of getting the original raiser to fold (assuming he has a 25+bb stack) is too slim for my liking. If he had made it or 2.5x then I think this isn't a bad spot to squeeze as long as we know that villain raise folds quite frequently.

We have a ton of fold equity against player 5 (36/14) which makes this shove ever so tempting but we ought to be folding imp and obviously if we realized that villain 4 had only 15 big blinds we ought to insta fold.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Thanks Chris, yea I didn't see that the original raiser only had 15bb. So you would prefer a shove here with 25bb+ effectively? What stack depth would we just call?

Comment

Where can I check how many big blinds I have at start

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.