PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

77 in the BB with 33bb stack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 in the BB with 33bb stack

What to do, what to do? Would you just SHOVE ALL IN HERE? Villains are all unknown.

Hi dirt eh! What type of tourney is this from? Please always include this, as different tourney types have different strategies and we want to be able to provide you the best possible answer. If this is a league game, it's not only a fold, it's a snap-fold. If this is a cash tourney, this is a great spot for a squeeze IMO and if I do get called, I have a playable hand that will definitely have enough equity to be a +EV play in the long run. I'll be expecting a flip the majority of the time, but it will be a play where I expect to gain chips on average, so I'll make it. Yes, I'll get KO'd a given % of the time, but on average, I expect to gain chips by shoving. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

John, I shoved this hand. This is from the Big $2.20 tonight that I'm still in!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.