PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QQ in the BB facing EP raise and LP 3bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QQ in the BB facing EP raise and LP 3bet

This was in the Big $11, 60k guarantee EP(91):43/21/2.4 CO(91):33/20/1.6 TOT 3BET: 14.3 What should we do here with QQ? Raise? Shove? Call? Stacks are a little awkward IMO.

Tough spot!

Given that EP seems pretty LAG-fishy the CO isn't exactly shy about raising light either, I think you can 4Bet shove for value here. You don't really have a big enough stack to 4Bet any smaller, as any 4Bet would be for more than 1/3 of your stack.

This 4Bet might level your villains to call with worse for different reasons. The EP guy might just call wanting to gamble or might be incapable of folding something like QJs or AJ. He might also call with worse hands thinking that the CO might come along for the ride.

If EP folds, then CO might call a bit lighter, thinking that you're just taking advantage of a great spot to 4Bet light, as it looks like CO is trying to iso-raise vs the EP fish, so he might call much lighter than he might normally call a cold 4Bet.

Generally in the early stages of these huge field tourneys I'm willing to take a few more close gambles than I might in a smaller tourney.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.