PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh I got Done, Blinded by the ----- Let me know if you knew what happened

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh I got Done, Blinded by the ----- Let me know if you knew what happened

Hey Guys I would really like some feedback on this Hand, I showed aggrssion but obviously to the wrong guy and on the wrong hand, What else could I have done apart from ofolded. Do you think you would of got out of it

What type of tourney is this from? My answer will vary greatly depending on your reply.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Shark

This was from the Shark Tourny last night

Comment

Hi Mryilly! With 88, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 1000. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more or less based on their hand strength are actually turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent.. which is something that I want to avoid. I flop middle set and when it checks to me, I need to make a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 3 opps, I need to bet 3/4 pot (5887).. however.. this is over 1/3 of my remaining stack, which means that if I make this bet, I'm pot-committed and cannot fold. Due to this.. I'm SHOVING the flop. When making bets postflop, I need to size them correctly, because if I bet too small, I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me and if I do so and lose the hand, it's my own fault that I lose, because I give the opp a play where they expect to gain chips from me on average. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks once agai

Hi Mate

Thank you very much,

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.