PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand Evaluation please :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Evaluation please :)

Hy Guys was hoping for a hand Evaluation.

I actually won this one but was wondering...

Given My position was it good to call the Flop, when i flopped the straight should I have been more aggressive.

I must say i was bricking it when the last Clubs came down Ive been Done by so many flush rivers this last week.

Thanks in Advanced guys

Im A DONUT it would help if I posted the Hand

Comment

*moved to analysis forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Mryilly! Without knowing what type of tourney this came from, I'll guess and say it's a cash one. If it's a league, I'm not even opening T9s from ANY position.. as it's way, too weak. Even with this being a standard tourney, T9s is not strong enough to open with from mid position and due to this, I need to muck preflop. If it folded to me on the button, then I'd make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper (500 chips). I do not want to open-limp hands as this is a very weak play that can be easily exploited by an observant opponent. If a hand is not strong enough to make a standard raise with, then I need to fold it. I flop the current nuts and an opp makes an abnormally small bet at me. I absolutely need to raise this and the key is the sizing of it. A standard postflop bet against one opp is 1/2 pot, so I need to raise by 1/2 pot, to 780. I do not want to raise to less than this or I can be giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I do so and lose, it's my own fault that I lose the hand. The same thing on the turn, but now there is also a flush draw. When the opp makes an abnormally small bet again, I need to raise.. however, this time, a standard bet will pot-commit me (put over 1/3 of my remaining chips into the pot)... due to this, I need to shove the turn. The key though is to muck marginal hands preflop from middle position. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.