PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.50 [6-Max, Turbo] - Heads-Up 22bb effective should we flip A5o vs TT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3.50 [6-Max, Turbo] - Heads-Up 22bb effective should we flip A5o vs TT

Hey, boom has stopped working so can't post the hand.

So after a bit of a grind to a single table money spot Heads-Up. Against this opponent who was as bit of a lag - more front than substance. At 100/200 with TT btn open 2.5x = 500, starting with about 4.4k and get shoved on by the villain who just covers me.

Q) So, Heads-Up, me 22bb effective should we flip against their A5o vs my TT?

Trying to attach the bust out picture...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Mar 10, 2014, 04:21 AM. Reason: add starting stacks if no attachment

TT is stack easy for me in HU even with 30BB and you aren't flipping against A5 you are 70% favorite there.

Comment

It's a stack off 100bb deep let alone 22.

Comment

Hi, Hand Analysis Other than having reads of Varadinhas being a lag, did you have reads as to how frequently they 3bet jam all in pre-flop from the big blind? I'd be willing to call with pretty much any pair 77+ or decent Ax combo + AT+ KT+ QT+ JT+ and possibly much wider if I had specific reads. Assuming this villain was playing 20% of their entire range for a 3 bet jam, we'd have about 60% equity in the pot, on this stack depth we should be willing to play for stacks, we have a made hand heads up and will very rarely ever be a dog versus the top 20% of a LAGS range. Hope this helps. Kind regards, CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
          It's a stack off 100bb deep let alone 22.
          only for very small values of 100bb

I mean. really? do you stack off headsup w/100bb effective with TT?
          Last edited by TweedleBeetl; Mon Mar 10, 2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
            only for very small values of 100bb

I mean. really? do you stack off headsup w/100bb effective with TT?
            It depends on the dynamic.

Typically when I've been heads up in tourneys (usually in specific HU tourneys), I've usually felt that I've had a large edge over my opponents - so I'd typically look for a better spot to take a flop and outplay them postflop or outplay them in the rest of the match.

However if your skill level is similar and both of you are playing super-aggressively (as you should be doing) then stacking off with TT 100BB deep is completely fine, as there normally is a significant amount of light 3Betting+ going on.

Comment

You opened 2.5x on button with TT and villain shoved? SNAP CALL so fast you break your finger.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.