PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK in the BB facing MP open vs 27bb stack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK in the BB facing MP open vs 27bb stack

What's the best way to play this spot? Raise too large PF? Really awkward stack sizes IMO. Villain(87): 27/14/2.0 M: 11.1 BB: 27 Adjusted BB: 16.6

Hi dirt eh! There are two ways I can play this one and it will be based on the opp type, due to the awkward stack size. Against an opp like seat 2, I will play it the following way. With KK in the BB, I get a standard raise from seat 2. I'm definitely going to re-raise and the key is the sizing of it. A standard sizing is to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise (if it's larger). I'll raise to 1875 (3X the previous bet). The flop brings a pair of queens and since I 3-bet preflop, I'm going to lead the flop. Postflop bets need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With one opp, a standard sizing is 1/2 pot, so I will bet 2425.. BUT.. this pot-commits the opp, so I'm going to shove the flop. If the opp happened to be looser and would call a shove preflop (which this opp probably won't do and I'd be looking for action with KK), then I can absolutely make a case for shoving preflop. What I would not want to do is to make abnormal bets pre and on the flop, as I want to make them standard to conceal the strength of my hand. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.