PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.50 STG NLHE QQ fairly tough spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.50 STG NLHE QQ fairly tough spot

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...503_1C1C8A1885

The villains of this kind of low buy in stg don't consider if they playing correct or not i had a villain shoved me in a simmilar situation with a flush draw and i thought if he had two pair or more he wouldn't play it like this and i was prwtty sure i was ahead what are your comment for this hand?

Hi casablancaa1! With QQ (or any other hand that I'm going to raise with), I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 200. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Also, I don't want to raise small here, as it can give the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. The flop is very wet, with both straight and a flush draw and the opp shoves on me. With there being so many draws that I'm ahead of, here is why I want to follow good bankroll management and to have 100 buy-ins in my bankroll, as I'm calling their shove. Yes, they could have two pair or a straight, but there are plenty of other combinations of cards in their range that I'm ahead of. Unfortunately, the opp hit their 2 outer on the river, but I got the chips in good.. which is all that I can control. I want to be getting my chips into this type of situation and if I keep doing so, I'll end up ahead in the long run. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.