PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fifty50-tricky spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fifty50-tricky spot

Fifty50
    8 left
    Blinds 40/80/5

UTG 1550
    MP 1400
    MP2 1900
    MP3 1100
    CO 1350 (HERO)
    BUT 2600
    SB 2500
    BB 3600

Pot 160

MP3 open limps for 80.(Vpip 48/Pfr 5/Fcb 40)
    I am in the CO with KJs and ~17BB. I know I am ahead of limper's range, but how do I play this? I think I am too short to raise/fold and too deep to shove(if the players left to act had -12BB, that would be an easy shove)

Hi Espada_Nu.4! This is an awkward stack size. A standard raise here would be to 320, which is about a quarter of my stack. With the opp limping a ton of hands, I should be ahead of their range (56% equity). I now go to an ICM calculator to see if shoving is an option. When I enter the situation in, I get a shove range of JJ+, so it's not going to be a shove. Since shoving is a -EV play (-2.45%) and I don't want to raise and have to fold later in the hand as I'd leak off a quarter of my stack... my best option is... to fold. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.