PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25c 90's AKo FT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25c 90's AKo FT

8/0 3B=0 39 hands

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=C043A11F9E
    Double Bracelet Winner

Hi sapines1001! With AK from UTG, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for this level for me is to 2000. I now get a 12k+ stack that shoves. With being ITM and very close to a top 3 stack (where the larger money is), my first instinct here was that it is probably a marginal fold... HOWEVER... this is a perfect spot to run an ICM calculation to see what my calling range should be. I went to icmizer and put in everyone's stacks and actions, along with it being a PS 90 man tourney and the answer shocked me. My calling range here is 99+ AK+ AQs. AKo is well within this range, so I need to call. I was surprised to see TT (thought this was marginal too), 99, and especially AQs in the range here, as I would have thought those were easy folds. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

first of all sappiness good job to you that you are a disciplined player that you can fold premium hand.

for me all stats doesn't matter now. When I have AKo in this spot I'll insta call.

AKo - you got blocker to A & K

the goal is to win top3 money

you need to win a flip to win a tournament so this is a great spot to flip that sometimes you might dominate him w AQ AJ or flip w any pair QQ- but very rarely that you are dominated w KK or AA.

gl in your games

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.