PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

235fpp sat - facing steal with 2,6bb at bubble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 235fpp sat - facing steal with 2,6bb at bubble

Poker Stars, $0.01 Buy-in (100/200 blinds, 40 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. BTN: 2,190 (11 bb) SB: 290 (1.5 bb) Hero (BB): 520 (2.6 bb) Preflop: Hero is BB with J 6 BTN raises to 600, SB folds, Hero calls 280 and is all-in Flop: (1,180) 5 9 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in) Turn: (1,180) Q (2 players, 1 is all-in) River: (1,180) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in) Results:

1,180 pot Final Board: 5 9 9 Q 2 BTN showed 5 K and won 1,180 (660 net) Hero showed J 6 and lost (-520 net) [/spoiler] Top 2 are paid. Because 1 villain is on 1.6bb should I fold here and hope the other shortstack gets knocked out? Really got little experience with sit n goes and tournies.

Hi pockettones! With this being a satellite, my initial thoughts would be that I can only call here tighter since I'm not the short stack. To see what range I can call with, I need to run this thru an ICM calculator and when I set up the calculation, I'll use 50% for both first and 2nd for the prizes, since it's a satellite with 2 tickets. When the button raises enough to put the other two players in and then the SB folds, here is the range that I get for calling.... 33+ Ax+ K2s+ K3o+ Q4s+ Q6o+ J7s+ J8o+ T8s+ T9o J6o is not within this range, so I need to muck. FYI - here is the range that the button should be shoving with here, which is VERY wide. 22+ 8x+ 72s+ 73o+ 62s+ 63o+ 4x+ 32s Also, if the button folded and the SB shoves, then my range for calling is 2 blank sheets of paper... as I should be calling with every single combination of cards in the deck and should never fold. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.