PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSOTCOP KTs 37bb BTN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSOTCOP KTs 37bb BTN

BB: 62.4 BB (VPIP: 20.53, PFR: 16.14, 3Bet Preflop: 5.23, Hands: 1,128)

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=D8BBD56E98
    Double Bracelet Winner

Hand replayer: "No data found" Try to reload the hand or smth.

Comment

Hi sapines1001! With KTs on the button, when it folds to me, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB or 150 chips. When the BB 3-bets me, I need to now see if it's worth the chips to call. I need to put 200 chips into a pot that will be 725 (27.6%). I now go to pokerstove to see if I have this much equity. When I put in my hand and a 5.23% range for the opp, my hand has 33.5% equity, so since my hand equity is higher than my pot equity, I'm going to call. I flop a flush and gutshot straight draw (12 outs), so my hand equity on the flop is 24% from the rule of 4 and 2. I'm discounting that at T or K is an out, as the hands in the opp's range have my hand outkicked. The opp bets 435, so I have to call 435 into a pot that will be 1595 (27.3%). Due to the pot equity being higher than what my hand is worth.. I need to muck to the flop bet as I expect to lose chips everytime that I'm calling here. The same problem on the turn. I would need to call 1100 into 2795 (39.4%). My hand, IF all my outs are even good now, is only worth 24%, so this is another clear fold. The reason that I say IF, is that with a paired board, a straight or flush may not even be good if I hit it. The key here is to muck to the flop bet, as it's a large enough bet that I'm priced out. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

i didnt know anything about the rule of 4 and 2. thank you john xd
        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Each out is worth 2% equity per street.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.