PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSOTCOP AJs 18bb MP1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSOTCOP AJs 18bb MP1

SB: 13.83 BB (VPIP: 16.80, PFR: 9.04, 3Bet Preflop: 1.39, Hands: 508)

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=CC9BDA6111
    Double Bracelet Winner

Hi sapines1001! With AJs from the hijack, I'm going to make a standard opening raise, which for me at this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper (2000). I flop TPTK and the opp checks to me. I'm going to make a standard value bet here, which since I'm up against one opp is 1/2 pot (2560). I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. That way the opp will not know whether I have a premium hand, one pair or total air. The turn should be a blank, but it puts many more draws out there. Due to this, when the opp checks to me, I need to make another standard value bet of 1/2 pot. However, this is the overwhelming majority of the opp's stack, so I'm going to shove the turn. If the opp does have a draw, I want to make sure that they are making a negative play to try to outdraw me. Checking behind on the turn here also creates another problem. If any of the draws or an overcard hits, I open myself up to being bluffed, as I now have no clue whether I'm ahead or not, and due to this, I have no clue whether I should call/raise/check the river. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup:
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.