PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday storm shove from B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday storm shove from B

Just around 1k players left. I think I made the right play, but not 100% sure and what you guys think about his call? No reads on the villains left to act, just sat down at new table.

Originally posted by PokerAmigo77 View Post
    Just around 1k players left. I think I made the right play, but not 100% sure and what you guys think about his call? No reads on the villains left to act, just sat down at new table.
    Hi there PokerAmigo77, With around 1000 players left in the Sunday Storm players are already well into the prize money so play loosens up a bit. With roughly 13 big blinds left (taking antes into consideration) your shove here is fine. Your pocket 5's have got good equity, good enough here I think to justify the shove. As for your opponents call, well if it were me I would probably call too. I've got you covered stack wise and see no reason not to think that your trying to steal my blinds plus QJo has also got good equity here. I think play by both of you was standard enough in this spot. Just my thoughts, check back later to see what the Hand Analyzers have to say Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thinking about my shove the same way, but I think I would have shoved over shove from B with KQ to tighten BBs calling range.

Comment

Hi PokerAmigo77

I like the shove. I feel that with just 14 big blinds it's the only realistic course of action we can take. Folding would be a huuuuge mistake as would raising with the intention of folding or even calling for that matter.

Villains call is ok, with no reads I feel like it's kind of close but it's ok none the less.

Run better next time

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Hi PokerAmigo77!

I agree too. I think shoving 55 here is the best play. If I'm the opp, this is right on the border. Personally, I'd muck KQo to a shove and probably KQs as I don't like calling shoves with KQ. If I had AQ or AK, it's a snap-call for me.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thnx for replies

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.