PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to do with ak in the sb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do with ak in the sb

im not totally sure about this, the bb was a loose agresive player who 3betted a lot , so i thought i can induce him, but after the flop it becames a tricky spot and i think in the turn he played that with a lot of air and any x , wanst afraid of clubs. but i want some opinions.
    Last edited by scarface763; Wed Jan 22, 2014, 10:56 PM.

Hi scarface763

I like your option of raising to induce I'd have done the same unless villain has shown to be tremendously loose/passive, in which case I'd have shoved preflop.

The flop isn't that bad for us because it's quite likely we can get some value from club draws. I wouldn't expect villain to have Ax here very often as I think he would ship most Ax hands preflop. The turn card could potentially give villain more outs if he was holding any broadway cards with a club so for this reason alone I would be inclined to call the shove. We started the hand with 17 big blinds and if we fold we're only going to be left with 10 big blinds. I think we're ahead enough of the time to make this a +ev call. I think weak villains would also shove hands like A5.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

ok, thanks for the answer, i have doubts about betting the turn, but i think its corret too.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.