PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shoving aksuited near the bubble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoving aksuited near the bubble

im not sure about this spot, the villian the villians who limp were doing several limp/folding, and im not sure about this spot, 3 left to the bubble blows, in a 180 non turbo 1$. (im not sure if i can post it in the boom version.

Looks kind of standard to me. You got called by a dominated hand, which is about the best you can hope for.

That said, you started the hand with almost 30bb. I don't think you need to go all in to drive out the limpers.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi scarface763! I did a double-take when I saw this hand... I played basically almost the exact same hand tonight in my live league tournament. With AKs on the button, I get a min-raise and a call in front of me. I'm definitely going to re-raise here and what I need to look at is the sizing of it. A normal 3-bet sizing for me is to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-size raise (1500-2050). With multiple opps interested in the pot, I tend to go with the upper end of this range. However, this bet is getting close to pot-committing me and also, I'm on the bubble with both the non-blinds having shorter stacks than me. None of the remaining stacks will be able to call a shove without putting their tourney life on the line (or almost their entire stack for the SB), so IMO, this is a great spot to shove and put the pressure on the opps and increase my fold equity as these opps most likely won't want to bust before the bubble bursts and if everyone folds, I'm gaining over 20% to my stack without a fight. Unlucky result, but it's a well-played hand. The one I played tonight had a limp, then a min-raise before I shoved my AKs. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks for the replies, i shoved because in micros a 3 bet is called very often (even a larger one) and then im in a complicated spot, so i think is more profitable to shove because i think i will get called with a lot of worse hands, and with de 3 bet and if i flop nothing i can be outplayed, thats my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by scarface763 View Post
          so i think is more profitable to shove because i think i will get called with a lot of worse hands, and with de 3 bet and if i flop nothing i can be outplayed, thats my opinion.
          +1umbup: I totally agree. John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.