PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot 0,55$ (16 players left) 75000/150000 18750, AA vs 99

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot 0,55$ (16 players left) 75000/150000 18750, AA vs 99

Hello, everyone! Not sure if I played my AA well. When you lose like this its always hard to understand was it ok or not at all. Min betting from MP1 to 300k Villain on the BB calls Flop 5d 8s 9h Villain checks. After this dry flop I am pot commited so shoving here Full board 5d 8s 9h Jh Ks Thought my opp has AJs+ 66+. Just dont see a fold here Should I shove pre? Its my mistake? HELP!

Hi,

I'm shoving PF with less than 10bb...

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by m1ndmaster View Post
      I'm shoving PF with less than 10bb...
      I know that shoving was an option, but I dont know If I had enought fold equity if he has 99. And its obvious that you dont expect him to hit that 2outer. In this case, I was trying to extract some value with this minraise (which at this late stages looks threatening). I dont know, maybe you are right here Lets wait for more opinions.
      Thanks, m1ndmaster!

Comment

Originally posted by MyNumber7 View Post
        I know that shoving was an option, but I dont know If I had enought fold equity if he has 99. And its obvious that you dont expect him to hit that 2outer. In this case, I was trying to extract some value with this minraise (which at this late stages looks threatening). I dont know, maybe you are right here Lets wait for more opinions.
        Thanks, m1ndmaster!
        I think you have no other options with such a small stack, min raise will get in a lot of trouble postflop..
        I think this is a +EV shove.. You have 400k of dead money, if you don't get called you'll win that money uncontested. if anyone calls you'll only get called by worse, so yes he may not fold the pocket 99, but you're way ahead of BB calling range..

I hope you don't misunderstand me.. GL out there

Regards,
        mind

Comment

Hi MyNumber7! With AA and less than 10BB, I'm shoving here preflop. Any bet basically pot-commits me, so what I don't want to do is to make a standard raise as this can be a tell to an observant player that I have a monster hand and have them fold. I'm short on chips and I want action and the action that looks the fishiest is to shove as I can get called by worse. Most likely, 99 isn't going to fold here period and there's nothing we can do about it. The hand is a typical cooler that we will see over and over. Just because I have a premium hand preflop doesn't mean that I will win the hand. Sometimes they will lose and there's absolutely nothing that I can do about it. m1ndmaster, you're correct, a shove here is definitely +EV. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks m1ndkaster and JWK24, I will fix this leak

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.