PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open raises and reshove stacks(would like ChewMe1 to answer,please.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open raises and reshove stacks(would like ChewMe1 to answer,please.)

Didnt post a hand, because this is a general question
    What hands do you open(from EP, MP and LP) when there is(are)
    reshove stack(s) behind you?

Hi Espada_Nu.4

This is a very difficult question to answer as I don't have a set range for these spots. It very much varies on my opponents tendencies/stats.

With 4 or more reshove stacks behing me I am VERY RARELY going to be raising with the intention of folding to one of these guys because the chances of them taking the opportunity to jam it on us is very high, so it only makes sense to not raise fold very often. I will be raise calling with hands like 77+, ATs+, KQs, AJo+ (This range varies A LOT depending on players stats).

LP with two reshove stacks.
    I will be opening my normal range with the intention of calling shoves with 77+, ATs+, KQs, AJo+ (Again this range varies A LOT ). I will be raise folding small pairs (fives or worse), small/mid suited connectors and maybe QK/A10o.

EP with two reshove stacks

Open our normal range. Our range ought to be strong enough to call shoves more often than not.

EP/MP/LP with 1 reshove stack
    Again I'd be opening my normal range.

I don't have a set range of hands that I am prepared to open with so and so reshove stacks behind. As a rule of thumb, the more reshove stacks there are to your left the tighter we ought to be raising. With 3 or more reshove stacks my range will generally consist of hands that I am prepared to raise call with.

With 2 or less my range doesn't alter (unless I have reads that they're very tight or very loose) in which case I will adjust accordingly.

I hope I have given you more insight on the subject. Cheers, Chris.

Last edited by ChewMe1; Mon Jan 20, 2014, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.