PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8.8$ [500 Cap] - Bubble consideration vs 6bb shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.8$ [500 Cap] - Bubble consideration vs 6bb shove

54 places paid, 57 remain - me in 56th and villain in 57th Does folding or shoving secure a better chance into the money?

hi there GeoVARTA.. if this is the 8.8 500 cap with the 3K guarantee.. this is a great tourny! the min. cash here is always at least BI.. usually around 20. And as much as I never am looking for a min. cash, the min cash here is much much higher than the usual ratio.

If you think those blinds will call the villains jam, then I would fold. Some big stacks just play nitty on the bubble Else I would suck it up and fold, if and only if you are just trying to min. cash.

But if you are not worried too much about busting so close to the bubble, I would be reshoving, and try to near double (and maybe triple) up here.

Comment

Hi GeoVartaa

I think that the big blind is calling here with any 2 cards and he would be correct to do, it's only going to cost him 2.5k to win a potential 9.5k so if we're strictly trying to make the money then I would say that we have a better chance of doing so if we fold because the if we cram it in we are more than likely going to be crushed or up against 4 random cards.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Thanks guys, makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.