PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QQ - against all in pre flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QQ - against all in pre flop

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...999_5D9AF37DA2

Is it worth here to go all in with QQ in that early blinds when i have kind a stack ??

Originally posted by Manowar1800 View Post
    http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...999_5D9AF37DA2 Is it worth here to go all in with QQ in that early blinds when i have kind a stack ??
    Yes. At these stakes there is a heck of a lot of hands who do this who you have crushed. If they do have AA/KK then not only have they played it terribly and you should note and tag them for life, but you are still 20% to win. Final consideration is that as you had an early double up, if you do lose you still have around average chips. SO snap that call as fast as you can umbup:

Comment

Hi Manowar1800! The first thing to look at in this hand is the initial bet. With QQ (or any other hand that I'm going to open), I need to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper (80 chips). I don't want to raise to less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me (the last thing I want to do early in a tourney when opps could easily stay with Ax). Also, by keeping all of my bets and raises standard, this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something that I need to avoid. When an opp shoves over me, I'm only going to call this early with a premium, made hand (QQ, KK and AA). I've got QQ, so I'm snap-calling. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.