PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.00 180 man pocket 77 27bb UTG+1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.00 180 man pocket 77 27bb UTG+1

MP: 10.9 BB (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
    MP+1: 25.28 BB (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
    CO: 15.38 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 10)
    SB: 57.78 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
    BB: 33.3 BB (VPIP: 60.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=D34880BC2D
    Double Bracelet Winner

Hi sapines1001! With 77 from UTG+1 (or any other hand I'm going to play), I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (300). I see a 4-way flop that should have missed the majority of players. When the blinds check (the most likely to have a 3 or 8), I'm going to make a standard c-bet. With 3 opps, a standard bet is 3/4 pot, so I will bet 750. Here's my plan for the rest of the hand.... If either of the blinds stay in the hand, I will fold to a shove and check/call if they call (unless the turn improves me). If the short-stack shoves, then I need to call as it's only 588 chips into a pot of 3576, so I would only need 16.4% equity to call.. which my pocket pair definitely has against the opp's range as I have 59.92% equity against their range. Unfortunately, the opp sandbagged AA (I'd definitely make a note on them), but calling their shove is the correct play. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

but after betting on the flop im not pot committed? because it takes almost 1/3 of my stacks.. i also was hesitant to shove or bet on the flop.
      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

700 isn't over 1/3 of my stack, so if a player that can have a 3 or 8 well within their range raises, then I could fold.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

John what do you think about the 77 open from UTG+1?

I think this is pretty borderline but I think I would fold as we've only got 26BB with a lot of shovable stacks still ahead of us.

If 77 is a fold, what is an open? Maybe even something as tight as TT+ is optimal?

Comment

According to my shove chart, TT can even be an open-shove here. 77 would be at the very bottom of my open range and with the opps being extremely passive (except the cutoff in a small number of hands), I'd open it.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.