PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fold AJ utg+2 against all in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fold AJ utg+2 against all in?

Hi Guys,

Hand:
    http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...214_0E1D707F6A

Last 39 players of 2 euro MTT, first 27 pay out.

Is this is a call from my side?

VPIP of villain is 24%

Cheers!

Rene

Can't call this, you are beating nothing.

You have a nice comfortable 40bb left, why risk a quarter of that for no reason? What happens if there is a shove behind you? You can't call so would be just spewing chips.

Just because the flop came with an A and a J it doesn't mean the right play is to call,

Remember the three most important things in poker:

Position, position, position.

Comment

I wouldn't bother about his hand range, because of his stack size it's wider than 24% . I would bother about opponents behind me. I would shove over from the button for sure,Just to call seems to weak , raise/fold seems the worst thing to do.
      It seems better to fold from UTG +2 position I think.
      Last edited by Shichi-77; Sat Jan 04, 2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danutz75 View Post
        Can't call this, you are beating nothing.
        I disagree with this. Some people get panicky and feel that they have to start shoving with 10BB stacks (as turned out to be the case here).

Originally posted by Danutz75 View Post
        What happens if there is a shove behind you? You can't call so would be just spewing chips.
        Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
        I wouldn't bother about his hand range, because of his stack size it's wider than 24% . I would bother about opponents behind me. I would shove over from the button for sure,Just to call seems to weak , raise/fold seems the worst thing to do.
        It seems better to fold from UTG +2 position I think.
        These comments have nailed the key point here. The villain's range is not our only concern, you're in relatively early position and still have 6 people to act, any of whom could have picked up a monster that will reshove against you.

So folding is an excellent play.

FWIW if you knew V4 was a good player, his range SHOULD be much tighter because he's UTG, but obviously he isn't a good player, and a lot of people at micros do strange things sometimes.

Comment

Hey all!

I agree with Andy that folding is the best decision.

The one thing that I would not want to do is to call and invite the other players behind me into the pot. If I did want to play the hand (which I wouldn't), I'd re-shove to try to isolate.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ok, pretty clear. Thanks a lot! umbup:

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.