PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often should I be calling this River bet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often should I be calling this River bet?

It felt like I was behind post his River bet. No real reads, new table.

ok first of all the pre flop play here is a huge error, you have 11 big blinds or so to start the hand, commiting four of them pre flop is a mistake with any hand. The way you did play it I am 100% shoving the flop as you should get credit for a huge hand with the line you have taken. As far as the river decision, you should be folding 100% of the time as the villain is hardly ever bluffing this spot if ever. The right play would have been for you to go all in pre flop, unless close to some sort of bubble and then maybe its a fold but all in pre flop nearly all of the time!umbup:

Comment

what game is this?

Comment

Your pre-flop raise totally commits you. That 3200 is more than a third of your stack, which means you should never be folding after making it, simply because of pot odds. If a pre-flop raise is more than a third of your stack, you should be shoving. If you don't get it in pre-flop, then shove 100% of flops, since you have less than a pot-sized bet remaining.
        Personally, I would have shoved pre, since you have less than 9bb and there are antes in the pot, as well as dead money from the limper. With 9bb to start, you can't play post-flop. It's push or fold pre, and AJ is far too strong to fold.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
          Your pre-flop raise totally commits you. That 3200 is more than a third of your stack, which means you should never be folding after making it, simply because of pot odds. If a pre-flop raise is more than a third of your stack, you should be shoving. If you don't get it in pre-flop, then shove 100% of flops, since you have less than a pot-sized bet remaining.
          Personally, I would have shoved pre, since you have less than 9bb and there are antes in the pot, as well as dead money from the limper. With 9bb to start, you can't play post-flop. It's push or fold pre, and AJ is far too strong to fold.
          Arty has got this pretty much spot on (as usual )

You've got an M number of less than 5 and just over 10BB. Preflop you should be doing nothing else other than shoving or folding. Ahead of a limp from a shortstack, I think AJ is too strong a hand to fold so going all in is clearly the correct play. Raising to 3200 is committing you anyway and it is impossible to have any meaningful postflop play with such short stack sizes.

As played you should be shoving 100% of flops if it's folded to you. If V7 open-shoves, you should call.

On the turn you should even moreso be shoving. V7 has shown no interest in the hand and you've still got two overcards with an up and down straight draw.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.