PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.00 180's shoving AKo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.00 180's shoving AKo

first hand

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=E0FB08F85E
    Double Bracelet Winner

It's important to remember that in tournaments, the chips you currently own are worth MUCH more than chips you can gain in the future. If you lose all your chips, your equity for the tournament drops to zero. If you double up or even triple up, your equity in the tournament doesn't actually increase that much.

Bearing this in mind, you're actually in tough spot facing a large 3Bet with such a strong hand. I'd just prefer to call here and see what crazy action happens behind.

The problem with shoving is that AK is never going to be a favourite to win. If you're against multiple opponents, you likely won't be better than 35%, particularly if you're up against Ax and a PP.

If only one person calls, they are likely to have a pocket pair that is ahead of AK.

I did the above without seeing what they actually had, it turns out people are more willing to gamble with trash than I thought... You are a 57% favourite preflop, which still isn't that great a spot to be in, 43% of the time you will be knocked out. Tripling up would boost your tournament equity somewhat, but there's an awful long way to go before you even reach the final table, never mind where the big money is.

I just don't think it's worth the risk to go broke so early on with A high.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.