PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJs 25c 45 man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJs 25c 45 man

Hi Guys, Should I lay this down on the River? Villain's stats were 23/12AF=3 and WTSD=30% (40 hands). I had put in 40% of my stack but felt I was beat and still had a workable stack if I folded. Is folding the turn an option? a near pot size bet looks strong and unlikely a non Ace flush draw. I don't think I beat much on the River. I'd expect at least AQ/AK and more likely 2 pair+, although I might be giving too much credit, at these stakes you never know Thanks
    Last edited by DasherF78; Thu Dec 26, 2013, 01:46 PM. Reason: wrong hand attached

If you're willing to call the turn bet, why not raise the flop?

I'd make the preflop more than a min raise, but that is not likely to change this hand.

Comment

Hi DasherF78

I think that our decision to call the turn is a mistake. I feel as if we ought to either go all in or fold. Villain is showing a tremendous amount of strength when he pots it on the turn but perhaps he's done this before with draws or even weak top pair hands and if this is the case then we ought to be going all in on the turn but if he is playing fairly passive then we ought to be folding.

If we're calling the turn we got to call the river imo as it's the safest card in the deck for us.
      Without reads I would assume that villains range tends to be on the stronger side, I'd expect to see aces up more often than not but I wouldn't count out hands like J10 and spade draws.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Thanks Guys umbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.