PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ajo ok to call his shove?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajo ok to call his shove?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

You shoved, rather than calling a shove, and in a 100K Freeroll I think you are so far ahead of most players ranges here that its a perfect hand to do it with.

Villain 7 is an idiot. He limps with 1.8bb. That is just horrifically bad. Villain 1 was obviously just happy to gamble as he had you covered and he was getting a nice (Not correct necessarily) price.

Comment

*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi bestjo1! With AJo in the SB with under 6BB before the hand starts, I get 4 limpers in front of me. Since I'm short, I'm looking for any opportunity to gain chips and I'm gladly going to shove here. The opp's all limped, so AJ should be ahead of their hands (if they had a real hand, they should be raising). Even if I have one opp that shoves in front of me, AJ with this short of stack is too strong of a hand to fold, so I'd even call a shove with it here and it takes a much stronger hand to call a shove, than to initially shove with. Well played.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

M is 8.25 (27BB) and facing an UTG shove from an unknown,I would be inclined to fold AJo most times here and look for a better spot.

Seeing as they still have a tad better than 12BB they're short yes,but not desperately so just yet,so I would expect that my AJo is only beating the very bottom of their range.I don't want to be calling off so much of my stack when I'm likely only ahead of the bottom of the villains range.

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
            M is 8.25 (27BB) and facing an UTG shove from an unknown,I would be inclined to fold AJo most times here and look for a better spot.

Seeing as they still have a tad better than 12BB they're short yes,but not desperately so just yet,so I would expect that my AJo is only beating the very bottom of their range.I don't want to be calling off so much of my stack when I'm likely only ahead of the bottom of the villains range.

Whoops,disregard the above post. I mistakenly had you as seat #9,the 36K stack (as shown by my M and BB calcs...). For that player my analysis would stand...fold AJo.

For your stack this is pretty much an automatic shove. I'm not loving going with AJo here,but with so short a stack I would have to grin and ship it.

Sorry for the mix up,my bad.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.