PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the OSL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the OSL

In the OSL the villain (original all in) had shown down J8 suited, AJo , 22 and AKo (he went all in with the AK and the AJ) he won with the AK and the 22 in all he played in seven of the hands dealt so far, 16 I think. on the limited read, I felt that my 66 was in front of him, but should I have folded pre to the shove ?
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Originally posted by Bill Curran View Post
    In the OSL the villain (original all in) had shown down J8 suited, AJo , 22 and AKo (he went all in with the AK and the AJ) he won with the AK and the 22 in all he played in seven of the hands dealt so far, 16 I think. on the limited read, I felt that my 66 was in front of him, but should I have folded pre to the shove ?
    I am playing looser in the OSL this month - but I would fold this preflop. Most of the hands you have seen from V2 you are never far ahead of. If V1 knows this players range expects an all-in and raises UTG then 66 is not often ahead of both hands - will be facing better pairs at worst and 3 or 4 overcards at best. V9 might call too and bust us. I would get in on the flop though. Having already doubled up and having both opps covered might make me want to play the 66 - but not at the price we have to call preflop with the UTG raiser so likely to come along. Ed
    Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sun Dec 15, 2013, 03:13 AM.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Bill! With 66 on the button, I get an abnormally large raise to 300, then a shove. Even if this were a cash tourney I'm mucking 66 here... let alone a league game where I'm getting negative points if I lose. To call a shove this early in the tourney preflop, I need to have QQ+. With anything less, the risk isn't worth the reward. The other thing that I have to look at here is that I cannot call. If I play the hand, I need to re-shove to isolate. By calling, I'm trying to setmine and none of us have anywhere near 15X the bet in our stacks, so due to the stacks being too small, calling to setmine is out of the question for me. If for some reason I saw the flop with chips left (which I never would as I need to shove or fold pre).. then I'm absolutely shoving the flop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.