PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.10 PSO tourney playing A5s 46bb MP(6 handed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.10 PSO tourney playing A5s 46bb MP(6 handed)

SB: 31.36 BB (VPIP: 9.52, PFR: 2.38, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 42)
    BB: 41.41 BB (VPIP: 7.55, PFR: 2.83, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 106)
    UTG: 37.88 BB (VPIP: 8.96, PFR: 7.58, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 67)
    CO: 13.74 BB (VPIP: 37.89, PFR: 11.58, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 99)
    BTN: 24.84 BB (VPIP: 11.36, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 44)

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=9C5BAC16CF

table was tight so i preferred to try my chance to steal the pot.
    Double Bracelet Winner

Your play preflop is a touch loose but I personally like it - particularly if you have a tight table

Flop play is good.

Turn play I don't like - just take a free card, hope to hit a T or a flush and just give up if you miss.

Once villain has called your flop bet on such a wet board - it is very unlikely he is going away on the turn.

Comment

Hi sapines1001! With A5s from the CO, I'm going to muck this preflop. Yes, the opps are playing tight, but I also need to look at how the opps perceive me and 37/11 is too loose. Playing too loose will get me played back at lighter by a smarter opponent. The flop is very coordinated and gives me the nut flush and a gutshot straight draw and the opp checks to me. With the range that the opp is calling with (7.55%), when I go to pokerstove to see what the opp is playing against me... every single hand combination in the opp's range has either hit this board or is a pocket pair (88+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,AQo+). There isn't even one combination of cards that I'm ahead of and due to this, I need to check. The turn doesn't help me, so I need to check again and hope for a diamond on the river. The key though is that since I'm playing so loose, I need to let this go preflop as I'm going to get played back at too often by an observant opp. If I do play the hand, then I need to check/fold when I miss. 37VPIP is way, way, way too loose in these games and playing this wide, 11PFR is way too passive (calling preflop too often). I aim for playing these at 20/16 (can be a touch higher if I'm getting great cards or be much lower if I don't). Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.