PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NLHE Freeroll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLHE Freeroll

Please have a look on this hand. I had a monster on pre flop and I called all in against the opponent without thinking any further. Then I lost it. Is this all about luck? Is the way I played correct? Or might I want to be more careful with Tourney's?
    Last edited by TimeNow786; Fri Dec 13, 2013, 01:31 AM. Reason: typing error

You played correctly imo.

Only two hands are ahead of you preflop.

The random opps shoving range in a Freeroll has many more hands you are ahead of than you are behind.

So calling all day with a premium pair like QQ

Whats to lose?

Only one player behind who limped UTG so if they call (not this time) extra chips.

And you get in heads up v an ace rag - big favourite but will lose to a single overcard frequently.

In Freerolls you have to take these opportunities - chip up or bust

Ed
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you for the feedback ED. umbup: Yes as you said,.. since there is nothing to loose with a freeroll, these kind of hands should be called to look for a chance.

Comment

League game...

Hubble's...

Depositor Freeroll...

Weekly Round 2...

Doesn't really matter,show me a freeroll and I'll show you a field wherein the vast majority of players in the early stages will stack off with ANY Ace.

You played it fine,I'm never folding QQ pre in a standard freeroll,league game different story.

Get ready to see this a lot when you transition to .10,.25 and like cash SNG's and MTT's as well.

Comment

Hi TimeNow786! With QQ in the BB, I get a limp, then a shove in front of me, unless I have a specific note on a player that they only shove AA/KK (maybe 1 in a million), I'm calling this every time. Even if the opp is extremely tight, say playing a 5% range, I'm a favorite. Against this opp's exact hand, I'm a 70-30 favorite. I'm more than willing to take this, but I have to remember.. I'm going to lose this 30% of the time. It's worth the risk. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.