PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0.55 750Gtd,A3o,64BB,BTN=>blinds stealing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.55 750Gtd,A3o,64BB,BTN=>blinds stealing

villain2 has stats:14/0 8 hands
    remaining:520 ITM:324

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=96F24268D3
    Last edited by fadmin; Sun Dec 08, 2013, 04:03 PM.

I think this is a standard spot to steal the blinds from the button. I also like your sizing.

Well played.

Was there anything particular you had a question about?

Comment

yes. there are two short stacks. A3o is good enough to call a shove from BB?

Comment

Originally posted by sapines1001 View Post
        yes. there are two short stacks. A3o is good enough to call a shove from BB?
        Definitely not.

If either of the villains 3Bets you without going all in, it is still an easy fold. A3 plays very poorly against their 3Betting ranges which will consist of a lot of Aces better than yours and pocket pairs which are way ahead of A3.

Btw the villains aren't really that short-stacked. The SB has 14BB and the BB has 35BB. SB is probably in shove/fold territory but the BB still has plenty of room to work with and losing to either player has a significant impact on your stack.
        Last edited by fadmin; Sun Dec 08, 2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I'd make it 675 but standard steal spot

Be wary of how your stats appear to villain. If you've stole a lot up to this point then he may defend.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi sapines1001

Given your stack size and position this ought to be a standard raise. The big blind has a lot of chips so he is unlikely to go all in, he is much more likely to either call or 3bet and if he did shove all in then we must fold our hand because A3 will generally play very poorly against his range.

I'm raise folding to the small blind too, (it's close but it's a fold).

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.