PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0.55 750Gtd shove A9s 13BB (BB)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.55 750Gtd shove A9s 13BB (BB)

players:2221 remaining:158 ITM:324
    villain3 has stats:28/0 91 hands villain6 has stats:33/8 25 hands

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=6CB84CF679
    Double Bracelet Winner

I like the way you played this.

You've already reached the money so you should now be looking to finish in a high position, ideally the final table as this is where all the money is. You only have 12BB and should be looking for spots to steal dead money and/or double up.

Both villains are very loose passive and their actions in this hand are not particularly scary. I think going all in is exactly the right play - leveraging your fold equity to the max.

A9s is doing OK against pocket pairs, KQ/KJ and crushing lower Ax, all of which I think are likely to be in the villain's calling range as he is so loose-passive. Of course we are crushed by 99+ and AT+.

If villain's range is as wide as I think it is (based on plays I've seen in my own experience), then you actually have 51.12% equity. Removing KJ/KQ doesn't change too much.

So your likely hand equity along with your fold equity makes going all in the correct play.

Comment

Hi sapines1001!

With 14BB before the hand starts, I get a limp and a min raise in front of my BB with A9s. Against two loose opps, I like the idea to squeeze here and with my stack size, the one play that I have is to shove.

Worst case would be against villain 6, that while they are loose, they don't raise as much and they did raise here, so I cannot use the full 33% range. When I go to pokerstove, my A9s against a range that includes 77 is a 60-40 underdog, but the added chips already in the pot make it a worthwhile +EV play as I'll have 43% equity against the opp if they call and it will be even higher EV once I include the number of times that they fold and I take down the pot without a fight.

IMO, well played, but unlucky.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think it's marginally bad there with A9s.
        Probably ATs+ would have been my choice, but definitely a good spot to squeeze.

Comment

Originally posted by GamblingProp View Post
          I think it's marginally bad there with A9s.
          Probably ATs+ would have been my choice, but definitely a good spot to squeeze.
          I agree it's pretty marginal but I'm much more up for taking risks when I'm in the very low stages of the payouts and I'm trying to finish in the decent money.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who commented this hand, i'm a beginner and before the comments I thought shoving A9s against someone who only raised 8% of his hands wasnt good if my stack was confortable, but I agree with the reasoning you guys exposed, I think the hand was well played too by Hero

Comment

Hello CreamyNebula,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

Glad to see you learning something from the hand analysis. I think it's one of the best resources on the forum.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.