PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1 27 man SNG final table - ATS stat and villain table image misread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 27 man SNG final table - ATS stat and villain table image misread

The BTN in this game had a 72% steal rate and I thought he was raising light being chip leader. Should I have 3 bet or folded here, this was the final table? I had a 69 hand sample on the villain and had seen him raise any 2 broadways if folded to the BTN. Full Tilt - $1|250/500 NL - Holdem - 5 players Hand converted by PokerTracker 4 BTN: 31.38 BB (VPIP: 31.25, PFR: 26.56, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 68) Hero (SB): 9.54 BB BB: 16.6 BB (VPIP: 19.33, PFR: 15.65, 3Bet Preflop: 3.85, Hands: 122) UTG: 10.35 BB (VPIP: 13.89, PFR: 15.15, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 38) CO: 13.13 BB (VPIP: 18.92, PFR: 8.57, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 38) Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.2 BB, Hero raises to 9.54 BB and is all-in, fold, BTN calls 7.34 BB Flop: (20.08 BB, 2 players) Turn: (20.08 BB, 2 players) River: (20.08 BB, 2 players) Hero shows (High Card, Ace) (Pre 25%, Flop 20%, Turn 7%) BTN shows (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 75%, Flop 80%, Turn 93%) BTN wins 20.08 BB

Dont post results.

This is completely standard.

Comment

this was the right shove
      Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

When you've only got 10BB against someone who's being very active, going on all in with A9o is absolutely the correct play. You will get quite a lot of folds and even when he calls, you will still have decent equity in the hand a lot of the time.

Comment

Hi IBNash! With under 10BB, I'm looking for any spot to get my chips into where I can be ahead or have very good hand equity. With the opener being very loose (31VPIP), I'm more than happy to shove over their open. I have 53% equity against their range, so I'm the favorite in the hand with my A9. If this was UTG that opened (opp playing the tightest), then I'd consider folding because I'd be a 60-40 dog against their range, but being short stacked, I'm probably shoving over them too. Against someone with a wider range, I'm absolutely playing the hand and shoving. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.