PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0.55 750 Gtd regular tourney playing pocket 77

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.55 750 Gtd regular tourney playing pocket 77

i had no reads on the players.
    i thought they have big stack and i cant beat them with pocket 7s so decided to just limp. is it ok?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=7FC6775D59
    Double Bracelet Winner

yes i think a limp here is the correct way to play in hopes on hitting a set and trying to play for stacks. however if there wasnt a limper before you i think you have to raise from CO 2.5x would be perfectly fine at 75/150 blinds

Comment

I agree pretty much with yeahboiiii. However I always like to be the aggressor when I can so I would probably just go for the steal regardless despite the limper.

It means that we don't have to set mine in order to win the hand - a CBet could also do the job.

Comment

Hi sapines1001! With 77 from the cutoff, I get a limp in front of me. Because the stacks are deep enough to setmine, I've got options here as I can either limp behind to setmine or I can make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper to 600. While I will limp here the majority of the time, I'll also raise 77 here a portion of the time, so that I'm not predictable and the opp can then get a read on me. If I limp small/mid pairs everytime, then the opp will be able to get a read when I hit a set (something that I want to avoid). When I limp to setmine, get three overs on the flop and the opp leads into me, it's an easy fold as the times where I do limp, I'll be looking to play fit/fold on the flop. The exception to this is that if I get a favorable board (hard to do with 77 that doesn't include a 7), then I'd make a standard c-bet if it checked to me. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.