PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resteal or not?(would like ChewMe1 to answer this)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resteal or not?(would like ChewMe1 to answer this)

Cant find the hand to post it but it was like this:
    Fifty50, turbo
    9 left
    Button opens for 2.5x, SB folds, and I sit in BB with 98s.
    Effective stack: 16BB (no antes out there yet)
    Villain:
    Steal 40%
    F3B 32%
    In a decent sample of hands

I was inclined to shove here because of his large Steal %, but his small F3B % made me think it twice.
    Should i shove here, or not?

Hi Espada_Nu.4

I imagine that the blinds at this stage were 50/100? With 16 big blinds in a sng were not exactly short stacked and although we do have a decent amount of fold equity versus a villain with these stats (presuming we have a a fairly big sample size on him), I think shoving would be incorrect.

I would much prefer to wait until the ante's kick before we consider taking a high variance risk like this one.
    I would however shove hands that I think are ahead of his range... hands like KJ,A7+ and any pair.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Hey Espada!

I agree with Chris on this one 100%. If I'm going to make a play like this, I want the blinds to be higher and to have antes involved, so I will be getting a better return for taking a risk.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Sorry, forgot to ask
        Would you shove here if he had a high F3B % ?

Comment

For me, I wouldn't.. it's too early in the tourney to be looking at steals. Due to the smaller blinds and no antes, the risk is not worth the reward.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.