PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MicroMillions 76 $2.20 - is this a fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroMillions 76 $2.20 - is this a fold?

I don't like the size of his raise here, it seems to be too large to call with this hand, therefore is this a fold? What does anyone else think? Thanks Chris

Fold yeah, its 4x open, seems to be very strong, unless this guy opens all hands like this and is really bad player but still, easier to fold this.

Comment

Hi Chris! With AJo, I get an abnormally large raise in front of me. While I'd be happy to make a standard raise if it folded to me with AJ, I don't like calling raises with it as too many times, I will run into JJ+, AQ+. With this opp making a larger than normal raise, if they are one of the players that bets more with better hands and less with marginal ones (a tell that turns their cards face-up to an observant opp), then best case I'm in a race and can very, very easily be dominated. Due to this and the fact that I have a very playable stack, I'm going to fold and look for a better spot to get my chips into. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks both. I figured I was up against at least a pocket pair of 77 or above with the large raise, so I folded.
        Chris

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.