PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50c 180 man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50c 180 man

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...673_68B3C9A9A1

Player 6 playing tight. What means his 2.5x raise when he has 6-7 bbs ? I thought he maybe wanted to steal but he was short so he should be in shove or fold mode. I want an explanation about his play and how I should have played this hand, thanks.

You give no reads, but this is usually a monster if made by a good player, they raise rather than shove hoping to induce someone else to shove with a worse hand. It could also be made by a bad player who has no understanding of push/fold ranges. It's up to you to decide which type of player you face.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hy kykkylik

With his stack he ought to be shoving or folding preflop so when he makes a standard raise alarm bells ought to start ringing 'unless he is a maniac'.

Most players these days (fish included) know that when they have 10 big blinds or less they ought to be playing the all in or fold game so unless we have seen villain raise fold this stack size before then we must be folding all of the time.

With our stack being as shallow as it is we have next to no fold equity and shoving here is a biiiiiiig mistake. Generally when short stacks raise instead of shove they are looking for action, and action is what he got!

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.