PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MM 30 FPP 3 Seats Gtd - Not extracting enough value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM 30 FPP 3 Seats Gtd - Not extracting enough value?

This is a hand from MicroMillions-016 Sat: 30 FPP NLHE, 3 Seats Gtd - Level II (15/30) that I am unsure if I played correctly to extract all the value I could.

Villain 8 was loose (74/21/9) and I thought I could extract more value by calling the turn and raising the river.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...411_6EFA51414F

Hey IBNash

I think you played the hand fine up until the check raise on the turn.
    Your sizing is too big. When you raise this much I think that most villains will only continue with 2 pair or better. If you check raised the turn to let's say 450 - 600 we may get villain to continue with a naked Qh or Jh which he thinks will be good and will then proceed to hand us the rest of his chips.

Another option vs weak players would be to check raise the flop especially as villain over bet it. This way we can bet the the turn and get it all in on the river.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I was unsure if check raising the turn to any amount would have resulted in him playing, I felt calling and raising the river would get me best value. I hit the 89% of pot button on the Turn, and going by your figures a standard cbet of around 55% was the sweet spot.

Thank you!
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.