PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1.50 18 man SNG: 77 vs tight small stack min raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1.50 18 man SNG: 77 vs tight small stack min raise

18 man $1.50 SNG, 5 handed(10 players left). Button minraises from his 10BB stack. He is playing 11/12 over 44 hands. The flop shove was instant without pause. Player to my right will minraise- or shovesteal first in very often. Other three players are tight (17/11, 7/3 and 11/12).

Hi sporkT! With 77 in the BB, I'm up against a villain that only has 10BB and they min-raise. While I'd like to setmine here, the opp does not have 15X the bet in their stack, so unfortunately, this is not an option. Due to this, I either need to shove or fold. Since the opp's stats are known, I now go to pokerstove to see where my 77 stands against their top 12% range (I'll use 12% since that is their PFR). When I put these numbers in, I'm a 44-56 underdog. Without antes or other extra chips in the pot, if I shove, I'm putting in just under 50% and my hand is only worth 44%.. due to this, I need to muck preflop, as it's a -EV play. I wouldn't read anything into the flop shove. They have no chips, so when 77 checks the flop, they basically need to shove ATC to rep a K or flush (they should have just open-shoved preflop). Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.