PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubble consideration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubble consideration

With 5 players remain before we get ITM; what sort of hands would you open shove or re-raise shove when we have 10bbs?

Would you open shove 99 from EP when the stacks behind us have us covered? Or would you re-raise shove AK vs an opponent that has us covered and opens from EP?

Hi George

So long as our bankroll can comfortably withstand the buyin to the tournament then yes I'm going to be shoving the nines and re shoving the AK.

The only way I would consider folding these types of hands would be if the bubble money is a significant amount of money to us. For example if you satellited yourself into the Sunday Million for $1 and the bubble of the Sunday Million pays out something like $360 then I don't think it would necessarily be incorrect to fold the hands that we would usually snap shove it in with.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.