PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5.5$ [1000 CAP] - QTs OTB preflop decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.5$ [1000 CAP] - QTs OTB preflop decision

Active player min-opens from the HJ with 22bb stack. We are sitting OTB with 28bbs and a pretty looking hand Both blinds are tight and I don't expect them to do anything crazy. Do you like the call preflop with QTs? Would you consider 3betting? Would you do anything else post flop as played?

Hi George

Calling is fine We have the button and we have a hand that plays well post flop, I prefer calling villains raise rather than 3 betting because if we 3bet we're giving him the option to shove it in our face and that's not what we want, especially with a hand as playable as ours.

Calling c bet is standard, turn card is a tricky one and I think that either calling/shoving is fine. I don't think we have much fold equity when we shove the turn because of how many chips villain has committed to the hand but if we've seen him bet/fold in similar spots like this one previously then I'd go for it. As played we have to fold the river which sucks.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.