PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Tourney under the belt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Tourney under the belt

hi guys, I just played my first BankrollMob MTT and bubbled at 134th out of well over 3000 entries with a desperate 3 blind shove UTG, how do I loosen up my game around the bubble when everyone is shoving and all I get are rags? This is my biggest problem, and together with that how do I keep the chips I collected Thus far, I usually end up giving most of it to some flat caller while trying to exploit his bad play?
    I will be doing the MTT quiz later and try another Brm, there after the cash game quiz

***Moved*** Moved to MTT Forum Raiser umbup:

Comment

found what i was looking for I just finished working through the sng course, and wowboy,..did i live in a bubble? point is my question above was answered and more.. I started loosing the plot with all these all in shoves and what not.However now I see that there is nothing random about it and although there is a mountain of info to consume, I am very exited to gain these new insightsumbup:

Comment

Glad to hear you're learning a lot from the courses, there really is some great info in there. IN fact it can be quite a lot to take in all at once but when you get your head around it and practice some it can make a huge difference to your game.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

If the tournaments pays 15% of the field - I would say that the best Pros will only get in the money about 20% of the time, maybe less. You have to get lucky in any individual tournament in order to cash and then reach the top prizes.

If you keep getting rags around the bubble, there's not a lot you can do. Before you get desperately short while you still have some fold equity - it might sometimes be worth being aggressive with less optimal hands on the Button or Cutoff where you stand a good chance of stealing the blinds and you may have decent equity even if you are called.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.