PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL 20FPP FR, QQ in late position against button pocket 22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL 20FPP FR, QQ in late position against button pocket 22

I would like to know if I should have played this any differently. I lost my seat in this tournament on this hand where I ended up all-in, to a villain with 22 who got his 3rd 2 on the river. I appreciate your input. Thank you.
    Last edited by pdoug72; Fri Nov 01, 2013, 11:12 PM.

IMO
    It looks like he was trying to push you off the pot when the street turned over
    the 3rd spade,(Making you think he had a flush)
    I would have put him on Ace and mid kicker,
    and folded....

You played it the same way I would have,
    (Time clock would have been my enemy if I was holding the QQ)
    and that Ace popped up.

PPJT

Comment

Hi pdoug72! With QQ and under 11BB in my stack, I get a limper in front of me. I'm going to immediately shove here preflop. If I make a standard raise to 2.5BB+1BB (1050 chips), this bet pot commits me. Due to this I cannot ever fold, so I need to shove. I do not want to bet less, as I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to draw to beat me. On the flop (which I would never see with a chip in front of me), with 2 opps in the pot, I cannot bet less than 2/3 pot, as this is how much I need to bet in order to price out the opp's draws. The key here is to shove preflop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.